Event Notes are designed to attach extra information to an event. When the iCODA timeline is imported into a SportsCode product and linked to a movie, the event notes will be visible and attached to the specific event.
To Turn on Notes
- Open the Button Inspector associated with the event button you wish to add notes to
- Tap on the “Notes” toggle
- The toggle area will turn green to indicate that the Notes function is turned on.
Please note: Event Notes can only be added to Event type buttons.
To Set When Notes Window Open
- Open the Inspector Window
- To set the Notes Window to Open when you trigger the Button. Tap “Activate”.
- To set the Notes Window to Open when your Event Button is closed Tap “De -activate”.
To Edit The Timing of When Notes Window Open When Using Linked Buttons
- Tap the Event Button
- Open Inspector
- Click on the Inbound Actions Tab
- Drag and drop actions to required order.
To Close A Notes Window
- To close the Notes Window when not in use, Tap on the Form.
Please note: Tapping on the button, shape or Notes window will NOT close the Notes Window.
To Add A Note
- Tap the Event Button. A Note Window will open.
- Add a new Note by typing in the required text.
- You can add a Recent Note by tapping on the Recent Notes menu and selecting from the drop down list. The last 10 unique Recent Notes will be accessible.
To View Notes
- Tap on the Coding History Button in the Code Window.
- Tap on the Event Button you want to review.
- Event data i.e. tags, notes, start and end times will be visible within the Coding History Window
To Delete A Note
1. Open the Coding History Window by tapping on the Coding History Button
2. Select the Note you want to delete
3. Select all the text within the Notes Window and tap “Delete’.
To Edit A Note
1. Open the Coding History Window
2. Select the Note you want to edit
3. Tap in the Notes section and use the keyboard to edit text.
- Only one notes window can be open at a time.
- In the case where a tap causes a sequence of actions, which results in iCODA attempting to open multiple Notes Windows, only the first will open.
- Event notes are incorporated with Event Buttons. They are not separate items. Exporting the timeline with the button and note contained in that timeline, keeps the data together. If that timeline is attached to a video the notes can be displayed if required.
- Events can be edited and deleted during and post a coding session.
CODING HISTORY WINDOW
The Coding History window enables you to view recent history of Events coded. The Events start and end time, tags and notes are displayed.
To View Recent History
Was this helpful?
Please let us know how we can improve
Oops! We could not locate your form.