If you want to re-capture a movie and link it to a saved timeline, you need to re-establish the link between the two files.
Link a Re-Captured or another Movie to a Timeline:
- Open a Timeline file.
- From the Main Menu select : File>Link movie to timeline window
- Use the open dialogue box to locate the movie.
This links the selected movie with the codes.Save the Timeline once the link has been established. If you open an unlinked timeline, Gamebreaker will immediately open the “Link Movie to Timeline Window” dialog box.
When you have re-captured a movie and re-linked it to a timeline, you may find the instances in the timeline don’t line up with the relevant parts of the movie.
To correct this:
- Press SHIFT+COMMAND+L to nudge the instances to the left. This moves all the instances one frame to the left. Hold the keys down to repeat the nudge continuously. The operation will accelerate the longer the keys are held down.
- Press SHIFT+COMMAND+R to nudge the instances to the right. This moves all instances one frame to the right. Hold the keys down to repeat the nudge continuously.The operation will accelerate the longer the keys are held down.
Using the mouse to slide and move instances in the timeline
When importing data from external sources, it is almost always necessary to push the instances around to align them to the movie. There are 4 convenient mouse driven features to accomplish this.
- Set the playhead at the start point of an instance, hold down CTRL+COMMAND+Z, then click and drag the playhead to point in the video where the instance should start. All the instances in the timeline will move also. In most cases, this should synchronize all instances in the timeline.
- Sometimes it is necessary to remove gaps between sections of instances in the timeline. This is common if all the movies captured were paused at breaks in the action and the coded data was time was not paused. To removed the gaps, set the playhead to the start time of the first instance after the gap, hold down CTRL+COMMAND+X and drag the playhead to the left until the instance aligns with the movie.
- Similar to CTRL+COMMAND+X, the playhead can be set at the last instance’s end time preceding the gap, then choose Edit > Remove unused instance time to right of playhead (OPTION+SHIFT+COMMMAND+L)
- If a mistake is made using “Remove unused instance time to right of playhead”, the instances can be nudged back by holding down OPTION+SHIFT+COMMMAND+R. All the instances to the right of playhead will nudged to the right, creating a gap.
Adjust Placement of Selected Instances
Instance adjustments can add or subtract time to any selected instances in a timeline. In the main menu bar, choose Edit > Instance adjustments.
- Mark In will add or subtract time from the beginning of an instance.
- Mark Out will add or subtract time from the ending of instance.
- Nudge clips will move the selected instances. Use a minus sign in front of the number to nudge clips to the left.
- Merge overlapping instances will create a single instance for instances that overlap.
Click on the adjust button once to make the adjustments that are ticked. The adjust button can be clicked on as many times as required to make the necessary adjustments. It will continuously apply the adjustments.
Was this helpful?
Please let us know how we can improve
Oops! We could not locate your form.