Setting up the Share
Now that the networking is setup, file sharing must be turned on on the capture/coding computer in order to gain access to the timeline share file.
- Navigate to the Sharing preference panel:
- Click on the apple in the upper left hand corner of the screen.
- Choose System Preferences… from the menu.
- Click on the Sharing icon in the System Preferences panel.
- Turn on File Sharing by ticking the box in the list.
- Add a folder to share where the file will be captured by clicking on the plus button at the bottom of the Shared Folders list. To make the process most convenient, choose the ~/Desktop as the share point. This is an easy location to remember and manage
There are options to setup user privileges and other permissions. To keep it simple take note of the user that is listed by default and do not add any others. The current user that is logged should be listed with Read & Write privileges. The user name and password for this user must be known and will be used to log in from the viewing computer.
Was this helpful?
Please let us know how we can improve
Oops! We could not locate your form.