Matrix XML File Export
The iPhone Page export is very similar to the Web Page export. To avoid repetition, review steps 1 through 4 in the earlier described Matrix Web Page Export section to learn about setting the name, destination, cell selection and header and footer options.
The iPhone Page export is designed to be displayed on the iPhone. While the mechanics of the export are nearly the same, there are some special settings and features to make its use most efficient and effective.
The following steps will outline the specific settings that differ from the Web Page export.
Export an iPhone Page by clicking on the Share button in the matrix toolbar and choosing Web Page > iPhone Page. The settings dialog will open:
As noted previously, some options will not be covered in order to avoid repetition.
- After setting the name, location, cell selection and HTML header and footer option, it is important to set the iPhone specific options.
- By selecting the “Do not show 0 items cells”option, the export will not create rows in the HTML document that have a zero count. This reduces the length of the page, thus reducing the amount of scrolling to find data.
- “Create row and column totals movies”, this option should be used when exporting an iPhone page live during coding and capture. When it is selected, movies linked to the total columns will be created. If there are a large amount of instances or there are multiple rows of instances that cover the majority of the timeline, this option could export the entire length of the movie many times over especially when s overlap. This option should also not be selected when exporting live. When exporting live, there is the potential that the totals column could be continually exporting if the coding process is rapid.
- “Create cell totals movies”, this option generates a movie for the total number of instances in the cell. This option greatly slows down the export and should not be used during a live export if the cell total increases at a rapid pace.
- During a live export, the key option to have selected is “Create the last few individual movie instances”. This option will configure the export mechanism to export the last X amount of instances that have been coded. This is specifically designed for live situations. As individual instances are coded, they will be exported into the web page continually until the limit is reached. When the limit is reached the first one exported will be replaced by the following one and the last one will move to the second to last one to make room for the newest instance. The mechanism can be thought of as a conveyor belt. It is designed for live review, in our questioning of users, it is only the last 5 or so instances that are important to have immediate access to. This option has a limit of 99 instances due to the iPhone screen configuration.
- The settings for the export format are basically limited to those that are compatible to play on the iPhone or iPod. We added Source Movie and Quicktime Movie options to make the export more flexible for certain workflows. We recommend testing the various format export options to make sure the settings satisfy your workflow. As mentioned previously, it is best to start with the iPhone export, then experiment from there. Using customized settings may increase the length of the export, thus slowing down the whole process.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_top_parent_page_id() in /home/sporthelp/public_html/wp-content/themes/tropixel/footer-nav.php on line 27