Working with Code Rows
Move a Row
Click and drag from the row number in the timeline.
- Press CONTROL and click (RIGHT CLICK) on the row number you want to duplicate.
- Select Duplicate selected rows from the drop down menu.
Delete a Row
- Press CONTROL and click (RIGHT CLICK) on the row number you want to delete.
- Select Delete selected rows from the drop down menu.
Edit Code Row Names
- Press CONTROL and click (RIGHT CLICK) on the row number you want to edit.
- Select Edit row from the drop down menu. This opens the row properties strip.
- Type in the new name in the text area.
Change Code Row Colors
- Press CONTROL and click (RIGHT CLICK) on the row number you want to edit, or for multiple rows, press Command + Click on each row to highlight them, then press CONTROL + CLICK (RIGHT CLICK) on one of those rows.
- Select Edit row from the drop down menu.
- Click on the color chip to the left of the row name.
- Drag into the color palette and choose a new color..
Change Multiple Row Colors At The Same Time
Timeline row color can be changed for multiple rows by
selecting a group of rows and selecting a colour from the colour palette.
- COMMAND+ Click on several different rows to highlight them
- CONTROL+ Click on one of those rows
- Click on the color palette and select a color
- All selected rows change to that color
Choose Rows > Add row from the main menu bar. The new row will be created below the selected row in the timeline. Alternatively, you can press the New row icon in the timeline tool bar or press COMMAND+N.
Create a New Row from Selected Instances using New Merged Row
Select the instances that you wish to include in a new row, press COMMAND and select the instances one by one or click and drag in the timeline to select a group of instances. You can also select rows of instances too. With the instances selected, click on the New merged row icon in the timeline tool bar. Hold down the option key and click ‘New merged row’ to create a row with instances without merging. If there are too many instances overlapping in a collection of instances, then merging may still occur for this collection. Generally, where 2 instances overlap the instance end and instance beginning points will be midway between the beginning and end points of the overlap.
Create a Combination of Rows
- Choose Rows > Create new row from the main menu bar. This opens the Add row window where you can select 2 rows to create a new one using different time intersection options.
- Name the new row and select where in the timeline to insert it.
- Click the Combine rows radio button to form new row.
- In row A, choose the first row you want to use.
- Choose the operation that will apply to the combination of rows. The type of operation is illustrated in the box at the left of the window.
- In row B, choose the second row you want to use and click the Create row button.
AND, OR, or NOT can be used as operators. AND will create instances where A and B overlap. OR will create instances from both rows combining where overlaps occur. NOT creates instances where A does not exist.
Create New Row Hints
- For fast alternating possession sports, code one team’s possessions, then use the NOT operator, to create the other team’s possession row.
- When you want to use more than two rows, create a new row from the first 2 rows, then create another row from that row using it as row A and the third row as row B. Repeat this again and again to drill down further.
Was this helpful?
Please let us know how we can improve
Oops! We could not locate your form.